Friday, May 2, 2014

Flooring experience

I was born and raised in Dalton, GA the carpet capital of the world.
My grandmother ran one of the largest rug companies in the world and her husband worked for a major carpet manufacture.

My dad started his company Craig's Carpet in 1980 the year I was born. From the time I was 10 all the way through high school I spent my summers working in the warehouse loading trucks and learning about the company from the bottom up. In 1999 my dad bought Georgia Carpet Industries and opened his store up to retail sales.

I have been working full time at Georgia Carpet Industries for 12 years now. I have done just about everything you can do in a flooring store and now I do all day to day operations. By doing all types of different jobs in the company I feel like I have a well rounded view of how things work in the company.

I wanted to start this blog to help people in their flooring process because it is not as easy as going to buy a TV and is something your family is going to use for years to come.

I am going to talk about new products, the purchasing process, DIY, and general information about the flooring industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment